Friday, May 16, 2008

"Who ate all the Cookies?" I asked frustrated.




"Don't ask me. Probably Lily," he responded distractedly, as he flipped through the Sports News magazine. Every Wednesday night Brian has to babysit his younger seven year old sister Lily. Brian manages to drag me over to his house and help watch her. Its better than being home with my rotten day. Its been almost two weeks since the little incident. We talk to each other like nothing really happened but then again we are used to all these out breaks. The worse one was two years ago. But lets not get into that. I still get shivers just thinking about it. Brian's dad is in charge of a huge corporation called the "Administration Services of United States of America" and his mum is a sports psychiatrist. They are really rich.




"Briaaaaaaaaan" yelled Lily from across the living room. She sat comfortably on the blue cushioned sofa watching Dragon Tales.




"Whaaaaaaaaaaaat?" Brian yelled right back.




"I need you! I spilled my Coa Coa on the new carpet mummy bought," Lily wailed.




"Ah crap. Not again Lily! How many times have I told you not to bring drinks and food into the living room?" Brian shouted throwing the paper perfunctorily onto the kitchen counter. He grabbed the huge role of paper towels across from him.



"Just a sec"



"Take your time. I'll be scavenging through your refrigerator in the meantime. Honestly, where is all the food in this house?"



Just at that moment the doorbell rang.It obviously wasn't his parents. His dad usually gets home around 11 every night and this is the one night his mum stays late for work for her therapy class which she teaches to college students.



"Man, could you get that?" Brian said warily. I walked past them, Lily's face filled with concern as she watched her brother try to clean the stained carpet.



I peared out the window catching a gimpse of a tall brown haired girl. I opened the door.

"Oh hey Nick. Is Brian busy?" Asked Amy. She was wearing on a big black jacket and jeans.

Her hair was messily tied up in a pony tail. She was practically shivering to death due to the sixty degree weather outside.

"No, we were just babysitting Lily. You can come in," I said. I felt a sense of worriness as she rushed past me and into the living room. I followed her.
"Hey babes, I thought you had soccer practice tonight?"
"Amy!" squealed Lily running to hug her.
"She's on the soccer team as well!?" I blurted out. She turned and looked at me with the expression saying "Yes-but-now-is-really-not-the-time-so-shut-up"
"Sorry" I mumbled. I stood leaning against the side wall as Amy began to speak.
"Something happened. Something really bad."
Brian slowly retreated himself up and stared intently to his girlfriends eyes.
"What happened?"
"Its Erica"

No comments: